Check Point just announced public EA availability for ‘Discovery.’ This is the replacement for SecureClient. ‘Discovery’ supports XP, Vista, and Windows 7 including the 32 bit and 64 bit versions. I think that the 64 bit support is going to be one of the key features on this as most new PCs are shipping with Windows 7 64 bit. Some other features:
- Broad Operating System support (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 64-bit)
- Uninterrupted connectivity with VPN Auto-Connect, keeping users connected on intermittent networks, when roaming between LAN and wireless or when resuming work from sleep mode
- Transparent end user experience with automatic configuration of the VPN session when on the move and on new or remote networks
- Location Awareness – maintains VPN connectivity based on the user’s location, either in the corporate network or on the Internet.
- Enhanced support for Hotspot detection and registration
- Automatic and transparent upgrade without requiring administrative privileges or reboot